Tuesday, April 5, 2011

More thoughts on happiness

I feel like a lot of my posts of late have been dedicated to things that make me happy. Which is obviously not a bad thing. I think that actively thinking about things that make me happy helps me appreciate those things and therefore makes me happier. Because not only am I happy, I'm aware of why I'm happy, and that makes me happy. Ya dig?

Anyways, I'm going to try and make those happiness lists a regular feature here. Mostly for my benefit, but hopefully I can inspire other people to be more aware of when and why they're happy. And that would make me happy.

Speaking of happy, when I was applying for colleges I went to an NYU college-fair thingy (I actually applied to NYU and went to New York to interview, but that is another story. That I might write about tomorrow.) they talked about how they allow you to design your own major if your interests don't fit into one of the typical college degree paths and there was this girl a few years back who majored in Happiness. I think that is beyond cool.

Ricky bought me flowers yesterday, for no reason except for that he loves me. Super happy.

Okay, subject change. I was thinking today about direction and where I'm going and why I want to go there. And I realized that with my profession it's hard to have much of a plan beyond work hard and audition and hope and pray and see where you wind up. Because although there are so many amazing parts and shows and dance companies and choreography gigs out there, the chances of getting all of them are slim, and the ones that you do get are unpredictable. And unplanned. And I'm really, really okay with that. I think that not having a plan is really scary for a lot of people. But I just realized that I have no idea where I'll be this time next year, and that is really exciting.

So. Yeah.

I have a cute boyfriend. I have a cozy apartment. I have rehearsal tonight. And a glass of wine when I get home. And a new book to peruse.

That's what makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment