One of the very best things about this morning was that Ricky, who has later classes on Tuesdays, finally taught me how to make a latte on our very adorable espresso machine.
So vintage! So sassy!
To be honest, I've never really been that fond of coffee. Until I graduated college and started working at a bakery that required me to be at work at 5:00 am. Then I got a job at a Casino that required me to be at work until 4:00 am. Needless to say, my body is very confused and caffeine is now my best friend. I'm really excited I know how to work this little contraption, as it will save me mucho money in the long run. Especially since we get our coffee beans for free thanks to Ricky's many years of devoted service to Starbucks.
So anyways, I'm sitting here enjoying my coffee and the morning in general and just feeling very content and happy. So happy, in fact, that I am now going to make a list of all the things that are making me happy. Because lists make me happy.
Things I'm Loving Right Now
* Pandora. Specifically my Mumford & Sons, Lykke Li, and Yeah Yeah Yeah stations.
* Branching out at breakfast. After ten plus years of obsessively eating cereal, I've started expanding my palate. Today I had a cinnamon raisin 8-grain role with cream cheese and an apple with my coffee. Yum.
* Our apartment's hardwood floors.
* The smell of spring.
* All the vegetables that are now in season.
* Dancing, dancing, dancing.
* New pens.
* Getting to repay Ricky for all those times he took me out to dinner, paid more than his share of rent, and so on.
* Wearing dresses.
* Ricky waking me up yesterday and handing me a bag of free samples from Sephora that he got from work. Hooray for teeny bottles of Gucci and J'Adore Dior perfume.
* Beet salad
* The little old lady who came up to me at work on Sunday and told me "Honey, you just look so cute! I believe in telling people when they look cute, and you are just the cutest!".
* Belting in the shower.
* Kraft Macaroni and Cheese.
* A full tank of gas.
* The promise of summer just around the corner.
* A good cocktail.
* My family.
* A good book. Right now it's Edward Rutherfurd's New York: The Novel.
* A good nap.
* Running in to old friends.
* Thai food.
* Getting to choreograph a musical again after my eight month hiatus.
Mmmmmm. I could go on and on I think, but I'll stop here. I rocked my audition yesterday (double pirouettes every time!) and I have a good feeling about the one I have tomorrow. With singing auditions I have had the habit of psyching myself out, but I just feel like I'm going to do well. I'm tired of subconsciously sabotaging my efforts and I'm ready to show 'em what I've got.
As that really bad actor in those horrendous 5-hour-energy commercials awkwardly says to himself -
Let's do this.