Saturday, January 29, 2011

Let's dance!

On the brink of change. Can't say yet, but am crossing my fingers because I think this could lead to better things, faster.


Attended The A.W.A.R.D. Show last night at On The Boards to see my friend David's company perform. According to the OTB website, The A.W.A.R.D. Show "presents the conversation-starting, controversial dance competition that gives 12 contemporary dance makers the chance to perform their work and win $10,000 by an audience and panel voting process." Unfortunately, David's company, Quark Contemporary Dance Theater didn't win their round, but it was so fun to see them perform as well as see a number of friendly faces in the audience. It also got me all giddy and excited to perform with them at On The Boards in June. 


I just love me some modern dance/experimental theater. 


I have much apartment cleaning and dance rehearsing to do. Here's to happy weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment