Thursday, November 3, 2011

My name is Kate, and I'm a barista.

Oh, heeeeey blog. What's up? You thought I forgot about you? No! Why would I - you're the love of my life, my creative outlet. You heard what?! Another blog?! Nooooooo. No, it's not what you think. It's not even a blog, it's a tumblr account. It's like, nothing. And I don't even write things, it's mostly just reposting interesting articles and funny pictures of babies. You're tired of me coming here and talking about how I'm totally going to post regularly and then bailing out for a month straight? I'm giving you false hope? Blog, you need to calm down.

Okay, blog has a tiny point. 

Seriously though, I miss blogging. And it's not that I haven't had time. I have. It's just...well....I've been sleepy.

So, you remember when I said this new Starbucks was going to be a 9-5 kind of thing? Apparently that's just what they say to lure you in. Turns out it's more of a 4:30am to noon kind of thing. All it took was me mentioning that I prefer morning shifts so that I could pursue performing in the evenings to get me permanently relegated to the opening shift for all eternity. 

In all honesty, once (if) my body ever figures out what's going on, it will probably work great. I get off at noon, have a nap, and then have plenty of time to go to rehearsals and things. Unfortunately that hasn't happened yet. I think part of the problem is that when I worked at Snoqualmie, I usually got home around 3 am, and was in bed around 3:45. Now I get up at 3:45 am. And before I worked at Snoqualmie, I opened at Panera Bread, where I had to be up at 4:30 am. So I've kind of been flip-flopping my internal clock around for a year, interspersed with a period of three months this summer where I actually just didn't sleep at all.

I'm not entirely sure I even have an internal clock anymore. 

So, my days of late have consisted of working early in the morning, coming home and eating lunch, passing out for two-plus hours, waking up feeling vaguely nauseous (does anyone else get nap nauseous? Is that just me?), puttering around for a few hours and then going back to bed in an attempt to get good sleep before waking up again. It's not a perfect schedule, but I'm working on it. 

Anyways, that's it. No pictures this post because I haven't taken any. Just thought I'd let everyone know I was alive and still literate. 


3 comments:

  1. wow... well, I'm hoping to get a job at starbucks... as long as they make me work, I'm cool with it. I'm a zombie, ya know, so I don't need sleep.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get nap nauseous! I thought that was just me! Sometimes I don't take naps because I don't want to feel sick in an hour!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I'm glad I'm not the only one! Also, I think I may have coined a new term.

    ReplyDelete